You’ll have to forgive me for not being the best at sharing new things here. I’ve been working on some new recipes that I can’t wait to share with you. They just need to be photographed.
This year is all about putting myself first, and a lot of that has been focused around my health. Six months in and I’m seeing the results of my realigned priorities – inside and out. But more on that later, here’s a couple of things that have been entertaining my mind recently.
- I finally went ahead and made Oh Lady Cakes’ spicy peanut stew with butternut pumpkin and chickpeas (replacing peanut butter with almond butter). I’m glad I made it. It’s perfect for the cold weather.
- Planting my first official veggie patch and it not being a complete failure. I can’t wait to show my organic harvest with you when its time.
- I tried the Beyond Meat burger patty for the first time and have been thinking about it ever since. Not huge on mock meats but this is a whole new ball game. The whole experience was too good to be true. It was so similar to a cheeseburger from a fast food chain.
- I’m getting back into fermenting and pickling, making a fresh batch of sauerkraut today.
- In all of two minutes, I created and perfected the ultimate recipe for chocolate bliss balls. So naughty yet so nice. The recipe is coming soon dear friends, so hang in there.
- The real reason my #fromscratch curry pastes don’t work is because I’m not grinding my spices down enough. Came across a lovely ceramic spice grinder that I think will do the trick far greater than my mortar and pestle abilities. This ceramic spice grinder and Ayurvedic cookbook set is on my birthday wish list
- No-churn cookie dough ice cream is just a thought in my head for now. It will be a reality soon enough, I’m sure of it.